Re: Comment about SetDirectory[]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130866] Re: Comment about SetDirectory[]
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 02:19:10 -0400 (EDT)

I've never heard of or seen Alexey's issue before.  However, it is the
case that NotebookDirectory[] will return $Failed if you execute
NotebookDirectory[]:

* in a notebook which hasn't been saved to disk, and therefore doesn't
have a notebook.
* in an evaluation which wasn't directly triggered by a specific
notebook, such as a ScheduledTask.

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group