Copy and Paste problem between OSs

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131947] Copy and Paste problem between OSs
  • From: JÃnos LÃbb <janos at lobb.com>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 23:18:59 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Im my MacBookPro with OS X 10.9 and Mathematica 9.01 I select the to copy the following line:

cmpntLfmName = Read[rawfp, Word, WordSeparators -> {"\000"}];

and paste it into Mathematica 9.0 on Linux /CentOS 6.3/.  It shows up as:

cmpntLfmName = Read[rawfp, Word, WordSeparators -> {" q !       ??x{:   ??              P       ?T?

In the Xwindow the garbage after the {? is not seen.  Is it a bug or what ?

If it is a bug what should I use in the WordSeparators construct instead of the {"\000?}  or any other non printable octal characters ?

If it is not a bug, but a feature, then I need an extended help menu here.

Thanks ahead,
J?nos