Re: ListPlot - assigning a list of colors to a set of

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131952] Re: ListPlot - assigning a list of colors to a set of
  • From: Gordon Robertson <grobertson at bcgsc.ca>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 00:34:23 -0500 (EST)

Thank you.

For the immediate problem, yesterday I generated separate ListPlots for each label and combined the plots with Show, as David Park and Tomas Garza suggested. For future work, your approach should let me quickly assess what story a data table may offer.

nbr = 1000
xy = Transpose[{RandomReal[{0, 1}, nbr], RandomReal[{0, 1}, nbr]}];
cols = RandomChoice[{Red, Green, Blue}, nbr];
ListPlot[
 List /@ xy,
 PlotStyle -> (Directive[PointSize[0.02], Opacity[0.6], #] & /@
    cols)]