Re: Analytical solution possible?

On Mathematica 9 (Windows) it works OK and produces a solution in terms of Inverse functions. I don't know why it doesn't work in your case, so perhaps  it's an OS specific/old version bug or something?

Also, you could try eliminating SI[t] and have a 2nd order ODE for R[t]. I could also get a solution that way.

Cheers