Help with Manipulate

Hello

I need to create a simple demonstration based upon an exercise on poisson counting processes.  Here is the code

Manipulate[n/Total[z],Style["Poisson Arrival Times",18,Bold],"",Delimiter,{{z,Flatten[{0,RandomVariate[Quiet@ExponentialDistribution[\[Lambda]],n-1]}]},Button["random",z=Flatten[{0,RandomVariate[Quiet@ExponentialDistribution[\[Lambda]],n-1]}]]&,Appearance->"Labeled"},"",Delimiter,{{\[Lambda],2,"\[Lambda]"},1,100,1,Appearance->"Labeled"},"",Delimiter,{{n,10000,"n"},1,1000000,1000,Appearance->"Labeled"},SaveDefinitions->True]

The idea is to generate a sequence of random numbers, then take the sum of it and keep the last value.   Every time I hit "random"a new sequence is created.

The above code returns the following error msg

RandomVariate::array :  "\"The array dimensions -1 + n given in position 2 \
of RandomVariate[ExponentialDistribution[=CE=BB], -1 + n] should be a list of \
non-negative machine-sized integers giving the dimensions for the result. \""

and some weird output.   After hitting "random",  the output is what I expect but the whole Manipulate output is still red indicating that there are problems.

Could you be so kind to point out what I did wrong and how to fix it?   I feel that I did not quite get how Manipulate works.

Many thanks

Ed