PredictiveInterfaceOptions

Hi,

I remember the subject being discussed, but was unable to find
references. The problem I have, is that once the typing assistant kicks
off, it grabs the focus and ONLY a mouse click can release it. I tried
to disable it, but Preferences->Editing Options->Private Editing
Options->PredictiveInterfaceOptions doesn't provide any options for
control, it is empty. What do I miss here? Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
--Ted

P.S. I run Mathematica 9.0.1 on Linux, x86_64/CentOS 6.4