Re: Image color ratio

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg131834] Re: Image color ratio
  • From: Matthias Odisio <matthias at>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 02:38:46 -0400 (EDT)

Good morning,

On 10/10/13 3:51 PM, KFUPM wrote:
> Dear All
> I have a grey image with darker dots and spots. I want to measure the ratio of the darker spots  to the remaining light gray area.
> I appreciate your help in anticipation.
> Best,
> -HMQ

That sounds straightforward.

You could use ImageLevels and identify the bins corresponding to the
darker spots and to the lighter areas.

Alternatively, you could threshold your image (using Binarize) to
create a mask of the dark spots, and then call ImageLevels to compute
the fraction or ratio you are looking for.