Re: problem with mathematica ---> Get::"noopen": "Cannot open ("Graphics`Graphics`'")."
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg131566] Re: problem with mathematica ---> Get::"noopen": "Cannot open ("Graphics`Graphics`'")."
- From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
- Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 02:25:04 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
On 9/2/13 at 2:47 AM, bowen.raymone at gmail.com wrote: >I have a problem with Mathematica 9. >In:= << ComputationalGeometry` ><< Graphics`Graphics` ><< LinearAlgebra`MatrixManipulation` >I actually have all of these three packages, ComputationalGeometry, >Graphics`Graphics`, LinearAlgebra`MatrixManipulation`. The first one >can be read, but the last two cannot be opened. The last two are obsolete packages. Functions in them were moved to the Kernel or replaced with other functions in the Kernel. The last version of Mathematica that installed these packages was version 8 and they were installed in the LegacyPackages directory inside the AddOns directory. They are not installed with version 9 which is why you are getting the error messages above. If you have these packages on your hard drive, they could be loaded using the full path name to the .m file. But, when you load them you will get lots of warning messages since many of the function names conflict with built-in functions. Also, they may well not work as expected in version 9.