Re: MathSource Notebook Smith Normal Form Error - How to Correct?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg131603] Re: MathSource Notebook Smith Normal Form Error - How to Correct?
- From: danl at wolfram.com
- Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 03:46:56 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Thank you Daniel! I got it working. > > Is there anyway to coax P^(-1)AP = R (R = rational canonical form) from this? > > Thanks I do not know how to do this. I am slightly embarassed by this actually. I have known for maybe 20 years that the two (Smith and rational) forms are related. But I've never understood what that relation really is. Daniel