Re: Create a Nasty Password with MATHEMATICA

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131755] Re: Create a Nasty Password with MATHEMATICA
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 21:24:08 -0400 (EDT)

Re 2: At least for U.S. sites, there are restrictions such as "letters and numbers only, with at least one number", "letters and numbers only with at least one letter, at least one number, and at least one upper-case letter", etc. And widely varying ranges of the number of characters, typically in the range 8 to 24.

On Sep 27, 2013, at 2:30 AM, Matthias Bode <lvsaba at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hola:
>
> SeedRandom["wrAslb4&IXc#K"]
> RandomInteger[{1, 256}, 25]
> FromCharacterCode[%]
>
> works but I cannot reproduce the result using Alt plus the ASCII number given by  RandomInteger[{1, 256}, 25] on my new TOSHIBA Satellite machine; original factory settings for the U.S. and QWERTY keybord.
>
> 1. Is there a way to establish complete coincidence of the two partly distinct interpretations of the ASCII numbers?
>
> 2. Will such an outlandish password be generally understood or are there common character usage restrictions which make my exercise useless?
>
> Best regards,
>
> MATTHIAS BODE
> S 17.36398=B0, W 66.21816=B0,2'590 m. AMSL.
> LVSABA at HOTMAIL.COM

---
Murray Eisenberg
murray at math.umass.edu