Controlling breaking of lines in output of Write

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg132549] Controlling breaking of lines in output of Write
  • From: derivator <derivatorb at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 03:09:58 -0400 (EDT)

Dear all,

When I use Write["file", expression], I find that if the expression is
sufficiently long the output in "file" is broken into two or more lines.
Usually this happens for expressions longer than 79 characters.
Is it possible to change 79 to some other value, or control how the lines are
broken in the output?

Thanks in advance

Derivator