Function parameterization guess

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg132640] Function parameterization guess
  • From: Narasimham <mathma18 at>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 02:07:08 -0400 (EDT)
Using excellent function capabilities of Mathematica is it not possible to generally guess or propose some standard parameterizations of components given functions?
For two variables and single parameter. Given x^2 + y^2 =1 we have {x,y}= {Cos[t],Sin[t]} and its variants {Sech[t],Tanh[t]}among others are solutions.

For three variables and two parameters. Given x^2 + y^2 - z^2 =1 we have Cosh[u] Cos[v], Cosh[u] Sin[v], Sinh[u] and variants..

The number of parametric set variations for component variables is not infinite, can be indicated with an arbitrary constant. A general or possible sub parameterization may be considered for each functional relationship.