Re: Memory leaks problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg132306] Re: Memory leaks problem
  • From: Sseziwa Mukasa <mukasa at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 03:45:16 -0500 (EST)

Looks like Integrate stores information on each call, compare to these
results:

ClearAll["`*"];
$HistoryLength = 0;
n = 5;
integral = Integrate[Sin[p], {p, 0, 3}];
Do[bound = Table[{wsk, integral}, {wsk, 1, 100}];
  ClearAll[bound];
  Print[MemoryInUse[]], {st, 1, n}];

46966216

46966216

46966216

46966216

46966216

So if you can do the integral unbounded before your Do loop you can just
use the expression in the loop and avoid the memory overhead.

Regards,
Sseziwa