Questions Regarding Mathematica Kernel Supplied With rPi

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg132176] Questions Regarding Mathematica Kernel Supplied With rPi
  • From: pw <p.willis at telus.net>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 02:48:12 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

As some may have heard Wolfram company have decided to
provide the Mathematica kernel on some embedded devices
to achieve as much device coverage as possible.

I have a question regarding calling the kernel,
from a web browser, using javascript on any operating system.

My idea is to be able to queue parallel calculations
where they will be calculated by general web object activation
via web pages.

By embedding calculations into media or web content,
distributed computing can happen via global internet idle usage while
web pages load.

With the Wolfram kernel going onto devices
ubiquitously this would make highly distributed
parallel processing achievable via a subscription model.

Is there a javascript interface for the math kernel
that will run calculations on the web browser (client)
side?

Is there a Mathematica javascript plug-in that could
run calculations if the math kernel is detected on the
client side?

Is there a Mathematica kernel based on javascript (!yuck!)?

I realize that javascript is not the best language
to use as network middle-ware, but that's all we have
since the latest public decline of trust in Java.

Thanks,

P.