Simple question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg132200] Simple question
  • From: KFUPM <hussain.alqahtani at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 04:16:56 -0500 (EST)

Dear  All

I have a long expression. Below is just a short part of it:

K11 Ue + (K12 - K21) Uex +
 K22 Uexx + (K23 + K32) Uexy + (K13 - K31) Uey + K33 Ueyy

I want to replace Ue->U[x,y,z,t]. and Uex->D[U[x,y,z,t],x] and Uexy->D[U[x,y,z,t],{x,y}] and so on. I want to make a command to scan the expression and do the conversion autmatically. I don't want to use Replace or ReplaceAll commands, because as I said, the command is very long and I have so many functions to deal with.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

HMQ