How Can I Change the Appearance of a Locator in Manipulate

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to change the appearance of a locator in a Manipulate? The only change I've been able to make is to make it invisible using Appearance -> None, as in

{{pt2, {80, 80}}, Locator, Appearance -> None}

but other appearance options, such as Small or Large, do not work.

Gregory