Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum > General > > "Plotting in package"

Post Reply:
Name:
Email Address:

Please send email when my message is replied to.

Url (optional):
Subject:
Attachment (optional):
Please answer this:3+1 =

Original Message (ID '348531') By yehuda:
No guesses need to be done when one is messing with packages. In addition I wonder why you use replacement rule to change the function to be plotted So, 1. load you package BeginPackage["testPlotPckg`"] testPlot::usage = "None until I get it to work."; Begin["`Private`"]; testPlot[eqn_]:=Module[{},Plot[y[x]/.eqn,{x,0,2}]] End[ ]; EndPackage[]; 2. Check ?? "testPlotPckg`*" 3. notice the answer testPlot[testPlotPckg`Private`eqn_]:=Module[{},Plot[testPlotPckg`Private`y[testPlotPckg`Private`x]/. testPlotPckg`Private`eqn,{testPlotPckg`Private`x,0,2}]] 4. that is, x is a local variable, AND y is a local variable too. notice their context, so the way you call the function will never work 5. Now, change the definition of testPlot into BeginPackage["testPlotPckg`"] testPlot::usage = "None until I get it to work."; Begin["`Private`"]; testPlot[expr_]:=Module[{},Plot[expr[x],{x,0,2}]] End[ ]; EndPackage[]; 6. call is with a function as testPlot[ #^2&] or testPlot[Function[z,z^2]] will work 7. also (which you will find the most convenient) g[x_] := Sin[10x] tetPlot[g] will work too yehuda