Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'ListPlot: how do I fill the entire plot area?' topicStudent Support Forum > General > "ListPlot: how do I fill the entire plot area?"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Renee Bulow
12/11/06 1:31pm

I am having a very frustrating problem with ListPlot. Here is the setup:

Construct two time series. One is a list of (time, data) at 1-day intervals, which is the background that I will plot using PlotJoined->True. The second is a list of (time, data) at non-uniform intervals which I will plot as red dots. Then I use Show to display them together. Okay. No problems so far.

Now I want to show these two time series in three intervals, using AspectRatio to set the x-axis equal to the length of interval. When I do this, depending on the interval, the resulting Show will sometimes fill the entire plot region, and sometimes not (meaning there is a lot of white space around the plot).

Ultimately I want to show the three intervals side by side in a GraphicsArray, but it looks really dumb when the middle plot has a big white area around it.

How do I get Mathematica to plot everything fillind the entire plot region??? I attached an example so you can hopefully understand what I am trying to explain.

Thanks,

Renee

Attachment: plotexample.nb, URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'ListPlot: how do I fill the entire plot area?')
Author Date Posted
ListPlot: how do I fill the entire plot area? Renee Bulow 12/11/06 1:31pm
Re: ListPlot: how do I fill the entire plot area? Daniele Lupo 12/14/06 3:38pm
Re: ListPlot: how do I fill the entire plot area? Renee Bulow 12/18/06 11:46am
Re: ListPlot: how do I fill the entire plot area? Renee Bulow 12/18/06 11:54am
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic