Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: '3-D Parabolic wall' topicStudent Support Forum > General > "3-D Parabolic wall"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Guy Parsey
03/12/07 12:39pm

Hello Everyone,
I am new to Mathematica, and I have run into a dilema. I need to model one aspect of a science project, and I have no idea how to do it. I am making the equivalent of an Archimedes "Death Ray" (though we are using it for energy gathering rather than simply to burn stuff). How would I go about a) modeling multiple 3 dimensional circular ellipsoids all with the same focal point (I can get the equations), b) isolate a certain range of z values such that the product would be several walls all potentially focusing light to the same focal point, while remaining within the same plane? c) exporting this as a graphic so that I can display it on a website. As a bonus would it be possible to model rays coming in perpendicular to the plane the 'walls' are lying in, and then watch them reflect into the same focal point?
Thank you very much for your time, any help would be extremely beneficial. A quick response is also well appreciated.
Sincerely, Guy Parsey

URL: ,

Subject (listing for '3-D Parabolic wall')
Author Date Posted
3-D Parabolic wall Guy Parsey 03/12/07 12:39pm
Re: 3-D Parabolic wall Forum Modera... 03/28/07 10:04am
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic