Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'Graphing oddities with M6' topicStudent Support Forum > General > "Graphing oddities with M6"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Randy Silvers
08/26/07 07:49am

1) RegionPlot has a problem that is rather odd. See the attached, in which the regions for which inequality1 is satisfied is plotted, then the region for which inequality2 is satisfied, then the region in which both inequality1 and inequality2 are satisfied. This is all correct. But when I try the region in which either is satisfied, using the logical "Or" operator, I get the region in which inequality1 is NOT satisfied by inequality2 is satisfied. Oddly, when I reverse the order, inequality2 || inequality1, the proper region is displayed.

2) ShowLegend is not working consistently, or at least not obviously. In one command, it works, but in another, an error is generated. The Help indicates that ShowLegend should have a graphic followed by a list of, for example, {{box1, text1}} where box1 is a graphic. Clearly, the graphic is being displayed, but the ShowLegend command is returned with three arguments, the first two of which are evaluated. Or I get an error message that PlotLegends`Legend is not a Graphics primitive or directive.

thanks

Attachment: RegionPlotLegendPlot.nb, URL: sirandol@deakin.edu.au,

Subject (listing for 'Graphing oddities with M6')
Author Date Posted
Graphing oddities with M6 Randy Silvers 08/26/07 07:49am
Re: Graphing oddities with M6 yehuda ben-s... 08/27/07 10:59am
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic