Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'How do I permanently add a directory to the Path' topicStudent Support Forum > General > Archives > "How do I permanently add a directory to the Path"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Jack
09/14/07 11:04am

I want to be able to write functions that I can use in many programs (the way I used to do in MatLab). I much prefer the Mathematica Language and would rather use it, but I have to be able to do this.

I have tried writing my own package using what I have found in the documentation. I wrote a package that would give the properties of air at a given temperature by interpolating from some tables.

I can get it to work by using the following commands

AppendTo[$Path,"~/Documents/School/My\ Mathematica\ Packages"]
<<AirProperties`;

then I can use all the functions defined in the AirProperties Package that I created.

My two questions are
1.) How do I permanently add my directory to the Path so that I don't have to do the AppendTo part every time I restart Mathematica?
2.) Am I making this a harder than it has to be.? Is there a better way?

I want to be able to build a library of my own functions and packages so that I can call them later. I would also like them to be accessible so that I have quick access to them and not have to go digging through deep system folders to find them.

By the way, I am using Mathematica 6.0.1.0 on a PowerPC 32-Bit Mac running Mac OS 10.4.10

URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'How do I permanently add a directory to the Path')
Author Date Posted
How do I permanently add a directory to the Path Jack 09/14/07 11:04am
Re: How do I permanently add a directory to the... Forum Modera... 09/15/07 09:19am
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic