Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'Message Function' topicStudent Support Forum > General > "Message Function"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Mark Harrison
10/03/07 10:51am

I’m using Mathematica version 5.2.

I’ve defined a message and I’m trying to insert a large string object into the message using the Message function e.g.

TestFunction::”Message”=”A test message: `1`”

Message[TestFunction::”Message”, “Inserting lots of text. Inserting lots of text. Inserting lots of text. Inserting lots of text. Inserting lots of text. Inserting lots of text. Inserting lots of text. Inserting lots of text. Inserting lots of text. Inserting lots of text. Inserting lots of text. Inserting lots of text. Inserting lots of text. Inserting lots of text. Inserting lots of text. Inserting lots of text. Inserting lots of text. Inserting lots of text. Inserting lots of text. Inserting lots of text. Inserting lots of text.”]

When I execute this code in a notebook file the middle part of my string is being removed and three dots are inserted and in a .Net application the middle part of the string is being replaced with <<Number of characters removed>>. Is there anyway to stop my messages being shortened and to output the full message?

URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'Message Function')
Author Date Posted
Message Function Mark Harrison 10/03/07 10:51am
Re: Message Function Peter Pein 10/04/07 9:19pm
Re: Re: Message Function Mark Harrison 10/08/07 06:09am
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic