Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'Labeling Intercepts, Extending Axes, PDFs' topicStudent Support Forum > General > "Labeling Intercepts, Extending Axes, PDFs"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Karen
03/27/08 4:01pm

I'm making graphs with Mathematica, and I'm having trouble with three things.

1) The function is really simple, 1-x. I only want the first quadrant, and nothing can stick out. I want to label the points where the function hits the x and y axes to the left and bottom of the graph. Currently, I have it that my x and y axes are extended, all axes are invisible, and I drew new ones. Is there a way to do this that's not really complicated?

2) How do I extend the x and y axes (PlotRange I suppose) without getting more of the function than I want? After x=1, y becomes negative, same with y=1. I only want the part of the function that's in the first quadrant.

3) I labeled the graph with text, and the text appears without quotation marks in Mathematica, but when I export the graph in a PDF format to AdobeReader, the text appears in quotation marks.

I'm not concerned with the math so much as the aesthetics.

Please help? :)

Thanks,
Karen

Attachment: Figure 3.2.nb, URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'Labeling Intercepts, Extending Axes, PDFs')
Author Date Posted
Labeling Intercepts, Extending Axes, PDFs Karen 03/27/08 4:01pm
Re: Labeling Intercepts, Extending Axes, PDFs yehuda ben-s... 03/28/08 1:07pm
Re: Re: Labeling Intercepts, Extending Axes, PDFs Karen 03/28/08 10:47pm
Re: Re: Re: Labeling Intercepts, Extending Axes... yehuda ben-s... 03/30/08 04:48am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Labeling Intercepts, Extending ... Karen 04/06/08 11:26am
Re: Labeling Intercepts, Extending Axes, PDFs pajenn 03/29/08 8:08pm
Re: Labeling Intercepts, Extending Axes, PDFs kj 10/31/09 08:23am
Re: Re: Labeling Intercepts, Extending Axes, PDFs Karen 11/01/09 10:55am
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic