Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: ' A link to the Java runtime could not be establ...' topicStudent Support Forum > General > " A link to the Java runtime could not be establ..."

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Berthold Hamburger
12/26/12 03:06am

Good morning,

I have Mathematica 9 installed on my Win7-64bit PC and encounter problems whenever there is a call to WolframAlpha either by freeform input or "==" or for example Quantity["AnyInquiry"].

The error I get is:

LinkObject::linkn: Argument LinkObject["C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Mathematica\9.0\SystemFiles\Java\Windows-x86-64\bin\javaw" -classpath "C:\Program Files\Wolfr\[Ellipsis] assLoader com.wolfram.jlink.Install -init "C:\Users\..\AppData\Local\Temp\..",97,5] in LinkReadyQ[LinkObject["C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Mathematica\9.0\SystemFiles\Java\Windows-x86-64\bin\javaw" -classpath "C:\Program Files\[Ellipsis] der com.wolfram.jlink.Install -init "C:\Users\..\AppData\Local\Temp\..",97,5]] has an invalid LinkObject number; the link may be closed. >>

InstallJava::fail: A link to the Java runtime could not be established.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Mathematica, Reinstalling Java JDK (7), setting exceptions for Virus Scanner, checking Firewall etc. to no avail.

Internet conectivity is fine and I can access any other data service like Citydata[] etc. However any Function call that involves WolframAlpha results in error messages.

Regards

Berthold Hamburger

URL: ,

Subject (listing for ' A link to the Java runtime could not be establ...')
Author Date Posted
A link to the Java runtime could not be establ... Berthold Ham... 12/26/12 03:06am
Re: A link to the Java runtime could not be es... Forum Modera... 12/26/12 09:22am
Re: Re: A link to the Java runtime could not b... sascha floegel 01/09/13 08:41am
Re: Re: Re: A link to the Java runtime could n... Berthold Ham... 01/10/13 04:39am
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic