Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'boldface letters to represent vecors' topicStudent Support Forum > General > "boldface letters to represent vecors"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
William J. Stockich
12/05/08 7:32pm

With each new version I check to see if a set of aliases,or a palette, are provided for boldfaced letters to represent vectors, as is standard in most textbooks. I turned to double-struck, except there are none for the Greek letters, for instance. Of course there is the right-vector over the character, which, by my count, takes 7 key strokes for the over-scripting and the vector alias, an activity that tires me out, and which I try to avoid. Now, with V7.0, I see an addition has been made to the existing sets of standard characters, called "Formal Characters." I've never seen one of them in any physics or math textbook, ever. Over my puzzlement, from the Mathematica books I've checked, I must admit my concern seems to be shared by no one else. Is my desire to see a set of vector characters made available such a trivial one that it has never even been a matter of discussion in 20 years?

URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'boldface letters to represent vecors')
Author Date Posted
boldface letters to represent vecors William J. S... 12/05/08 7:32pm
Re: boldface letters to represent vecors Xavier 01/01/09 05:47am
Re: Re: boldface letters to represent vecors Bill Stockich 01/18/09 2:28pm
Re: Re: Re: boldface letters to represent vecors Xavier 01/23/09 09:42am
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic