Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'Moving to Linux on Compaq Presario Laptop 1250' topicStudent Support Forum > General > "Moving to Linux on Compaq Presario Laptop 1250"

< Previous CommentHelp | Reply To Comment | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Forum Moderator
email me
12/21/98 2:14pm

>
> Please send any replies directly to Dayanand at his email address
>
> Forum Moderator
>
> ************
>
> Can anyone please help me with these queries about moving to Linux and its after consequences?
>
> 1. I am currently on Win'98, Will switching to Linux damage any part of the hardware like video or chipsets, as the compatibility is not confirmed?
>
> 2. Does Linux, sold by RedHat Inc. support GUI applications and ease of use, I mean does it have GUI interface or is it like UNIX only.?
>
> 3. I am apprehensive about the Drivers of Modem, CD-ROM etc which from my knowledge are Win'98 compatible, so how can I configure these hardware devices or how can I get their Linux compatible drivers?
>
> 4. If any one has bought RedHat Linux, can that person tell me something about Java support and Java Development Kit compatibility, also anyother programming language development tool that are supplied.?
>
> I will very grateful to you if you can provide me with answers to these queries.
>
> Thanks
>
> My email is dayanand@earthlink.net and dayanandsh@hotmail.com
>
> Bye
> daya
>
>
>

========

I won't post any replies to your query as it does not involve Mathematica directly. There are Linux discussion groups and Linux sites that you may want to visit and that will likely provide a good source of information and contacts.

Tom Zeller
Forum Moderator.

URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'Moving to Linux on Compaq Presario Laptop 1250')
Author Date Posted
Moving to Linux on Compaq Presario Laptop 1250 Dayanand Sha... 12/21/98 12:51pm
Re: Moving to Linux on Compaq Presario Laptop 1... Forum Modera... 12/21/98 2:14pm
< Previous CommentHelp | Reply To Comment | Reply To Topic