Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'convex optimization problem' topicStudent Support Forum > General > Archives > "convex optimization problem"

< Previous CommentHelp | Reply To Comment | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Bill Simpson
01/11/13 2:06pm

In Response To 'Re: Re: convex optimization problem'
---------
As I previously wrote, you are missing a comma between {} and {} when you do multiple integrals. If you fix those two errors then your c2 calculation completes with only one warning about not being able to determine whether your last integral converges or not.

The resulting c2 is very large and contains a number of Im[s2] and Re[s2]. If you know, for example, that s2 will be Real then you might be able to tell Mathematica this using an assumption and perhaps simplify c2 substantially.

But even if I do this I still find that u remains as a variable within c2. I cannot tell whether u was supposed to be resolved within your Integrate or not. In any case I still get errors about c2 not being a number at various values of s2 and this must be resolved. Perhaps this is partly because you have extremely small and extremely large coefficients for exponentials and Erf, but I cannot know without more information.

Please make the corrections I showed, study the c2 expression, make certain no unresolved variables remain and try to determine why the result is not a number for some values of s2

URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'convex optimization problem')
Author Date Posted
convex optimization problem samaneh 01/08/13 02:41am
Re: convex optimization problem Bill Simpson 01/09/13 2:11pm
Re: convex optimization problem Bill Simpson 01/09/13 2:25pm
Re: convex optimization problem Bill Simpson 01/09/13 2:35pm
Re: Re: convex optimization problem samaneh 01/10/13 07:13am
Re: Re: Re: convex optimization problem Bill Simpson 01/11/13 2:06pm
< Previous CommentHelp | Reply To Comment | Reply To Topic