Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'InverseLaplaceTransform, no variable parameters?' topicStudent Support Forum > General > "InverseLaplaceTransform, no variable parameters?"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Adrian Down
09/10/10 09:29am

Hello,

I am having trouble carrying out a reverse Laplace transform. If I include any variables in the expression to be transformed, the transformation is not transformed, and my input is returned to me in the output. In the attached worksheet, I first perform a transform on an expression containing only a single variable, s. This transform is completed successfully. However, if I introduce another variable into the transformation, say t, the transformation is not performed. I want to assume that t takes only real values greater than or equal to 0, and that t is independent from s and x. Essentially, t could be a parameter of the equation. I have tried assigning these assumptions to t using the Refine command, but still the transformation is not performed.

If there is any more information that I can provide to help diagnose this problem, I would be happy to oblige.

Thanks very much,
Adrian

Attachment: Laplace_transform.nb, URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'InverseLaplaceTransform, no variable parameters?')
Author Date Posted
InverseLaplaceTransform, no variable parameters? Adrian Down 09/10/10 09:29am
Re: InverseLaplaceTransform, no variable parame... yehuda ben-s... 09/13/10 01:38am
Re: InverseLaplaceTransform, no variable parame... Nasser M. Ab... 09/13/10 02:50am
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic