Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'Can't assign value to variable' topicStudent Support Forum > General > "Can't assign value to variable"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Dustin Wheeler
08/15/11 09:48am

I have a Mathematica notebook with a series of variable assignments in the initialization part of it. When I first created the notebook, it ran flawlessly (at least, the initialization did!). After saving, quitting, and restarting, one of the variables refuses to assign. I 'Evaluate Notebook', and the program chokes up when it gets to a point where that variable is called for. No error message results from the evaluation of that line, but it doesn't produce an output either.

Note: if I change the line (i.e. add a ";" at the end) and then evaluate, it seems to work fine. If the notebook is saved this way, I must change the line again the next time I open it.

I've attached the initialization portion of the notebook, the final output should be -3.53504*10^6.

Is this an issue with using sub-scripted variables? The issue doesn't seem to occur with the \mu_B versus \mu_0 which is also present in that sequence…

Thank you!

Attachment: Initialization.nb, URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'Can't assign value to variable')
Author Date Posted
Can't assign value to variable Dustin Wheeler 08/15/11 09:48am
Re: Can't assign value to variable Peter Pein 08/25/11 09:42am
Re: Re: Can't assign value to variable Dustin Wheeler 08/25/11 11:08am
Re: Re: Re: Can't assign value to variable Forum Modera... 08/26/11 09:22am
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic