In Response To 'Re: Mathematica 6 crashes on mac opening dialog...'
8.0.4 crashes are a very different subject.
People who get crashes with 8.0.x on any MacOS are welcome to send descriptions directly to
It will help if you can provide
- the steps leading to the crash or hang.
- the crash log, if one is produced.
- the output from the System Profiler.
Click on the Apple menu - About this Mac, click "More Info...",
in System Profiler click File menu - Save As to save the information in a file and send me that (Text format preferred).
- the output from running SystemInformation in the Mathematica kernel.
(Steps to start the Mathematica Kernel by itself are below. )
To launch a standalone kernel,
- hold down the Control key and click once on the Mathematica ikon in the Applications folder,
- select "Show Package Contents" in the popup menu,
- in the folder that opens, open the Contents folder, then the MacOS folder,
- Double-click the MathKernel icon and a standalone kernel will launch in a text window.