Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'Counting no. of times state chosen in markov ch...' topicStudent Support Forum > General > Archives > "Counting no. of times state chosen in markov ch..."

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Antonio Fernandez
01/22/13 09:41am

Hello everyone I am trying to do a markov chain simulation, however my problem is that the "listplot" function gives results in the form of a graph, and I cannot count the number of times a certain state has been chosen. So is there a function in Mathematica to do so, or is there another way of presenting the data is a sequence like "2,1,1,1,3,2,1,2,2,3," so I can use the "count" function to count what I want? I cannot count it manually since the simulation is long and is extremely tedious so any help would be very much appreciated, I have been searching around for 2 hours and cant find this simple function, so I hope someone can help me out. Thank you.

URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'Counting no. of times state chosen in markov ch...')
Author Date Posted
Counting no. of times state chosen in markov ch... Antonio Fern... 01/22/13 09:41am
Re: Counting no. of times state chosen in marko... Bill Simpson 01/22/13 10:06pm
Re: Re: Counting no. of times state chosen in m... Antonio Fern... 01/24/13 06:25am
Re: Counting no. of times state chosen in marko... yehuda 01/24/13 2:55pm
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic