Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'NSolve algorithm for non linear system equations' topicStudent Support Forum > General > Archives > "NSolve algorithm for non linear system equations"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
dedigno
01/16/12 10:27am

Good Afternoon,
I am a new user in this forum, so I hope I have opened this topic in the right place...

I have a problem in solving a coupled system of polynomial (non linear) equations with Fortran without having to choose an initial starting point.
I well know the NSolve function in Mathematica that allows you to do this but I need to use Fortran to solve this system ... and I do not know a similar tool.

The IMSL libraries 4.0 allow only to use an iterative method such multidimensional Newton, Broyden, chord method, etc. .. requiring as input the choice of a starting point (or, as in the case of system of equations, an initial vector) in order to find a local solution of the problem.

In Mathematica the analogue of these methods is the function FindRoot ... So I guess there is a similar function in Fortran like the NSolve in Mathematica that allows to solve the system without choosing a starting point.

P.S. = may be also useful to understand the algorithm implemented in Mathematica with NSolve function for solving systems, in fact I tried to decode the file NSolve.mx present in the installation directory but the file can not be read by a simple text editor, being written in the internal language Mathematica.
Someone know a way to export the algorithm implemented in Mathematica for the function NSolve in Fortran or simply to read it in order to learn the algorithm?

Thank you so much

URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'NSolve algorithm for non linear system equations')
Author Date Posted
NSolve algorithm for non linear system equations dedigno 01/16/12 10:27am
Re: NSolve algorithm for non linear system equa... Forum Modera... 01/16/12 10:42am
Re: NSolve algorithm for non linear system equa... Daniel Licht... 05/25/12 10:55am
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic