Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'Creating 3D data out of a spreadsheet' topicStudent Support Forum > General > Archives > "Creating 3D data out of a spreadsheet"

Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Edward
03/21/12 3:46pm

Hey all!

I have a question about data manipulation with Mathematica. A experiment yields a set of data (in a spreadsheet) organized the following ways:

[name][][name][][name][]
[name x][name y][name x][name y]
[Data x][Data y][Data x][Data y]

actually there are over 30 columns, all of them with x/y data. These are spectroscopic scans at different angles, and the angle used is stored in the [name] field over every second column (I attached an example .xlsx sheet).

Here is what i need to do: I need to plot some of these values (the ARss and ARpp) in 3D. x/y should be the angle (from the [name])and the wave number values and z should be the respective values from the sheet. Ideally I would end up with a list something like:

ARss={{x1,y1,z1},{x2,y2,z2},...} covering all the angles in one list (so the "wave number" values would repeat themselves). Then I could use the 3D plotting options and could also manipulate (scale, etc.) the lists further.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Thank you in advance for any help I can get!

Edward

Attachment: example.xlsx, URL: ,
Help | Reply To Topic