In Plot and ListPlot, for control axes appearance one can use Frame-related options (e.g. FrameTicks) or Axes-related options (e.g. Ticks). http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/tutorial/LabelingTwoDimensionalGraphics.html
I started using Frame because I need to draw ListPlots with a secondary axis of different scale.
It appears a bit confusing for me how these two ways of doing the same things (Axes and Frames) coexist. Therefore I would like to clarify some questions. Please correct me if I am wrong.
1. Frame option suppress Axes options: if Frame->True is used, then none of Axes-related options works.
2. Frame options of Plot and ListPlot do not have anything in common with Framed function; they are two absolutely different things.
3. It is impossible to draw two or more y-axes of different scales (i.e. different ticks) using Axes-related options.
4. It is impossible to draw three or more y-axes of different scales using Frame-related options.
5. It is impossible to set the origin point of the axes using Frame-related options.