Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'Plot and ListPlot optons: Frame vs Axes' topicStudent Support Forum > General > "Plot and ListPlot optons: Frame vs Axes"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Dmitry
05/16/12 05:28am

In Plot and ListPlot, for control axes appearance one can use Frame-related options (e.g. FrameTicks) or Axes-related options (e.g. Ticks). http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/tutorial/LabelingTwoDimensionalGraphics.html
I started using Frame because I need to draw ListPlots with a secondary axis of different scale.

It appears a bit confusing for me how these two ways of doing the same things (Axes and Frames) coexist. Therefore I would like to clarify some questions. Please correct me if I am wrong.

1. Frame option suppress Axes options: if Frame->True is used, then none of Axes-related options works.
2. Frame options of Plot and ListPlot do not have anything in common with Framed function; they are two absolutely different things.
3. It is impossible to draw two or more y-axes of different scales (i.e. different ticks) using Axes-related options.
4. It is impossible to draw three or more y-axes of different scales using Frame-related options.
5. It is impossible to set the origin point of the axes using Frame-related options.

URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'Plot and ListPlot optons: Frame vs Axes')
Author Date Posted
Plot and ListPlot optons: Frame vs Axes Dmitry 05/16/12 05:28am
Re: Plot and ListPlot optons: Frame vs Axes Peter Pein 05/20/12 1:19pm
Re: Plot and ListPlot optons: Frame vs Axes Dmitry 05/21/12 08:22am
Re: Plot and ListPlot optons: Frame vs Axes Michael 05/23/12 07:42am
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic