Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'How can I simplify the expression?' topicStudent Support Forum > General > "How can I simplify the expression?"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Jason Lee
07/18/12 9:33pm

Hi, I am Jason Lee and I have used Mathematica for about one year, but recently I encountered a problem during my calculation, and here is the description. In my problem, I want to simplify a rather huge expression, using “FullSimplify”, for a more specific description, it is a symbolic calculation, and I have attached the file below which is named as “Jason Lee's question.nb” when I sent this message. When I calculate the expression, it takes a really long time and because my computer is not fast enough, I get no result, which bothers me a lot. In my case, I already know the ranges of all the symbols, for example, all the parameters of trigonometric function are bigger than Pi/6 but smaller than Pi/3, all the others are positive real numbers and smaller than 10, and x2 is bigger than x3. All the symbols mentioned can be found in “Jason Lee's question.nb”. So here is what I want to ask, how can I speed up my calculation or shorten the time taken by Mathematica when calculate the expression? How can I “tell” or “make Mathematica know” that all the parameters of trigonometric function are bigger than Pi/6 but smaller than Pi/3, all the others are positive real numbers and smaller than 10, and x2 is bigger than x3? By using which command or what?
Thank you very much!

Attachment: Jason Lee's question.nb, URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'How can I simplify the expression?')
Author Date Posted
How can I simplify the expression? Jason Lee 07/18/12 9:33pm
Re: How can I simplify the expression? Bill Simpson 07/23/12 9:15pm
Re: Re: How can I simplify the expression? Jason Lee 07/24/12 9:00pm
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic