Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'Crashes in 4.0 with copy/paste of inline cells' topicStudent Support Forum > General > Archives > "Crashes in 4.0 with copy/paste of inline cells"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Erik Neumann
10/18/99 06:19am

Hi, I love Mathematica and I use it to do all my math homework. I wind up with lots of text and inline formula cells mixed together. I also do lots of copying and pasting.

I'm noticing very frequent crashes with the above activities. Mean time to failure is about 20 minutes, or about 1 minute if I focus on copy/paste of inline formulas in a text cell (ie. just trying to get it to crash).

A symptom that always occurs prior to the crash is this: I paste an inline formula cell within my text cell and what gets displayed is wrong -- there are multiples (2 to 5) of the thing I pasted covering various lines (note that these are sort of ''ghost'' versions of the inline cell... they can't be selected and edited). As soon as I see that I know a crash is imminent, so I hit save. Sure enough if I keep working it will crash.

I haven't found any place on your site that mentions what the most current version is for my machine, or a history of bugs or outstanding bugs or etc. Is there such a place on the site?

Here is info on the version I am running:
In[1]:=
$LicenseID

Out[1]=
''L2936-2632''

In[2]:=
$Version

Out[2]=
''4.0 for Microsoft Windows (July 16, 1999)''

In[3]:=
$ReleaseNumber

Out[3]=

Regards,
Erik Neumann
erikn@usa.net

URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'Crashes in 4.0 with copy/paste of inline cells')
Author Date Posted
Crashes in 4.0 with copy/paste of inline cells Erik Neumann 10/18/99 06:19am
Re: Crashes in 4.0 with copy/paste of inline ce... Forum Modera... 10/18/99 06:31am
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic