Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'solving system of differential equations nad an equation dependent of the differential equations' topicStudent Support Forum > General > "solving system of differential equations nad an equation dependent of the differential equations"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Jason Parks
11/22/99 6:42pm

I am having a problem solving a system of differential equations and an equation dependent on the differnetial equations. The equations are of the form
x'' = a*y'' + b*y'*x' +c*cosx*(y'^2)
y'' = d*x'' + e*sinx*(x'^2) + f*sin(x + y)
F= g*x' + h*y'' + j*(x' + y')^2
these are not the real equations I am trying to solve but they give the idea. F is dependent of the differential equations for x and y. I can use NDSolve() to find x and y interms of time, but I can not solve for F interms of time also. If I put F into the NDSolve() with x and y I am given an error that F is not a differential equation. If I solve for F outside NDSolve I don't know what the values of x and y along with their derivitives are. How can I find F interms of time? Thank you for the help
Jason Parks

URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'solving system of differential equations nad an equation dependent of the differential equations')
Author Date Posted
solving system of differential equations nad an... Jason Parks 11/22/99 6:42pm
Re: solving system of differential equations na... Aaron Honecker 11/29/99 6:48pm
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic