Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'problem with a table or do loop' topicStudent Support Forum > General > "problem with a table or do loop"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
mac
09/20/12 00:28am

I am working on a research project involving x-ray bursts from neutron stars and a code to model it. As part of a series of tests, I am trying to create a small program using mathematica to approximate 1 value versus another. I have been trying many different ways and coming to dead ends. I have look all through the forum and mathematica documents but cannot seem to find answers to my questions, possibly because they are simple questions. I am a newbie. The question I have right now is this:

I would like to do a loop where I solve an equation for y(i) iterated over i steps. But for each y value I get out of each step, before it goes to the next i, I would like to immediately within the loop use it as a value in the next equation to solve for x(y). I would then like it to go back to the beginning and repeat for each i. I need the results for y to be printed to a list and the corresponding values for x to be printed to a list. I cannot seem to find documentation on how to do this. Maybe I am just not looking hard enough on here, but can anyone help me out?

URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'problem with a table or do loop')
Author Date Posted
problem with a table or do loop mac 09/20/12 00:28am
Re: problem with a table or do loop Bill Simpson 09/21/12 1:20pm
Re: Re: problem with a table or do loop mac 09/21/12 6:02pm
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic