Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'Font error message' topicStudent Support Forum > General > Archives > "Font error message"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Brent Yorgey
08/29/00 1:56pm

I recently installed Mathematica for Students, and have been very happy with it. However, every time I start up the front end an error message pops up that reads ''Startup Error: The Mathematica fonts are not properly installed in your system. Without these fonts, typeset mathematical expressions cannot be displayed properly.'' However, there do not seem to be any problems displaying typeset mathematical expressions except for the fact that exponents and subscripts are hard to read. Also, sometimes when I open certain notebooks in the Help browser, a message pops up that reads: ''Front End Message: The front end could not locate a CharacterEncoding file for the requested encoding (koi8-r).''

I am running RedHat Linux v6.2. I've already checked to make sure that the font path includes the Mathematica font directories (it does), so I'm not sure what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated!

URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'Font error message')
Author Date Posted
Font error message Brent Yorgey 08/29/00 1:56pm
Re: Font error message Forum Modera... 08/29/00 9:30pm
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic