Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'Font size of fractions in M9' topicStudent Support Forum > General > Archives > "Font size of fractions in M9"

< Previous Comment | Next Comment >Help | Reply To Comment | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Tom
03/16/13 6:29pm

In Response To 'Re: Font size of fractions in M9'
---------
Hi, thanks for replying. I tried resetting like you suggested but it hasn't changed anything. I've attached my default.nb. I'm afraid I don't know what you mean when you say TraditionalForm and OutputForm.

When I first downloaded v9 I had both on my computer at the same time and when I started using v9 the formatting had all changed. The font no longer automatically got smaller when I wrote fractions, which was good, because increasing the font size whenever I wrote a fraction was getting to be pretty annoying - especially seeming as the Font Size I wanted was not one could just click on and had to be written in each time (there's a jump from 14 to 18 for some reason).

Then I thought I'd take v8 off because I no longer used it. Then that was when it went back to the old way where the font size shrinks when you write a formula.

It'd be great to know how to just have the font size remain the same when I write a fraction.

I've attached my default.nb.

I really don't understand how to edit the stylesheet. It seems to be quite complicated, and when I search the net for people with similar problems there isn't much out there like there is with MATLAB.

Any help would be great.

Attachment: Default.nb, URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'Font size of fractions in M9')
Author Date Posted
Font size of fractions in M9 Tom 03/09/13 07:42am
Re: Font size of fractions in M9 Forum Modera... 03/15/13 5:51pm
Re: Re: Font size of fractions in M9 Tom 03/16/13 6:29pm
Re: Re: Re: Font size of fractions in M9 Forum Modera... 03/16/13 9:00pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Font size of fractions in M9 Tom 03/17/13 03:07am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Font size of fractions in M9 Forum Modera... 03/22/13 4:11pm
Re: Re: Font size of fractions in M9 Tom 03/18/13 07:26am
Re: Re: Re: Font size of fractions in M9 Forum Modera... 03/18/13 2:39pm
< Previous Comment | Next Comment >Help | Reply To Comment | Reply To Topic