Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'Basic Function Plotting' topicStudent Support Forum > General > "Basic Function Plotting"

< Previous Comment | Next Comment >Help | Reply To Comment | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Bill Simpson
03/22/13 01:32am

In Response To 'Re: Re: Basic Function Plotting'
---------
Reading your first post I thought your question was "explain all the options needed to produce publication quality graphs."

Reading your second post I thought your question was "explain how to define a simple function."

Reading your third post and looking at the attached notebook and I do not even know what the question is now.

Try this and see if this has anything to do with what you want to know.

Plot[{
2.6/(1+E^-(x-10))-.3,
2.2/(1+E^-(x-10))-.1,
2.0/(1+E^-(x-10))
}, {x,10,15}, AxesOrigin->{10,1}, PlotRange->{{10, 15}, {1, 2}}]

Looking at your notebook I see the following

You can
Plot[f[x],{x,10,15}]
but not
Plot[f,{x[y],10,15}

I have no idea what value ρ should have.

For some values of Y and ρ your integral has zero in the denominator and goes to infinity on opposite sides of this. That makes the result undefined.

In your notebook I do not know whether you are just making up symbols or whether that is what you really want to calculate and plot.

I am confused.

If you can provide a much more precise explanation of what you really need then I will try again.

I do understand that switching from brand X software or language to brand Y software or language is very difficult and confusing for a new user.

Perhaps imagine you had to describe to someone who understands mathematics, but has no idea what you are working on or what is on your screen or what is in your head or on your paper and can only listen on the phone. Can you give a short explanation that the person is almost certainly going to understand and be able to solve your problem and return the correct answer to you the first time?

URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'Basic Function Plotting')
Author Date Posted
Basic Function Plotting Anousheh Rou... 03/20/13 12:41pm
Re: Basic Function Plotting Bill Simpson 03/20/13 6:39pm
Re: Re: Basic Function Plotting Anousheh Rou... 03/20/13 7:18pm
Re: Re: Basic Function Plotting Anousheh Rou... 03/20/13 8:12pm
Re: Re: Re: Basic Function Plotting Bill Simpson 03/22/13 01:32am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Basic Function Plotting Anousheh Rou... 03/22/13 5:38pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Basic Function Plotting Bill Simpson 03/22/13 7:49pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Basic Function Plotting Bill Simpson 03/23/13 1:14pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Basic Function Plot... Anousheh Rou... 03/23/13 4:48pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Basic Function Plot... Anousheh Rou... 03/23/13 6:06pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Basic Function Plotting Anousheh Rou... 03/23/13 1:14pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Basic Function Plotting Anousheh Rou... 03/23/13 1:57pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Basic Function Plot... Bill Simpson 03/23/13 4:22pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Basic Function ... Anousheh Rou... 03/24/13 8:17pm
< Previous Comment | Next Comment >Help | Reply To Comment | Reply To Topic