Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'Ver 4.1: Combining a number of commands of the same type; Prolog vs. Epilog' topicStudent Support Forum > General > Archives > "Ver 4.1: Combining a number of commands of the same type; Prolog vs. Epilog"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Richard Bournes
05/06/01 07:20am

This command will produce a dot 6 printer's points in diameter at co-ordinate position (2,2):

Show[Graphics[Point [{2,2}], Prolog \[Rule] AbsolutePointSize[6]]]

1. What is the syntax to ADD to the above command, points at co-ordinate positions (4,4); (6,6), (8,8)....(n,n) all with the same point size of 6, WITHOUT having to make multiple declarations, one at a time?

2. Same as question 1, but how to make each dot of a different size?

3. Why does the use of ''Prolog'' cause the dot to be displayed at the nominated size, but ''Epilog'' cause the dot to be displayed at what appears to be the default size.

4. How can I ensure that the dots are placed LAST OF ALL (and therefore on top) of a number of plots, graphic lines etc. when I use the ''Show'' command and labels, as in:

j = Show [{c,e,g,i,a, b,d,f,h}, Axes \[Rule] True,
AxesStyle \[Rule] Thickness[0.008]]

where labels c,e,g,and i are the labels referring to previous declarations of 4 different points; labels b,d,f and h are 4 previously declared graphic lines, and label ''a'' is the first plotted function..

If labels c,e,g and i appear LAST (and, presumably will display on top as required) in the ''show'' command, they are not displayed at all.

In other cases I am aware of, the order of precedence in the ''show'' command when combining plots etc. will affect the final displayed output in exactly that order.

URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'Ver 4.1: Combining a number of commands of the same type; Prolog vs. Epilog')
Author Date Posted
Ver 4.1: Combining a number of commands of the ... Richard Bour... 05/06/01 07:20am
Re: Ver 4.1: Combining a number of commands of ... Forum Modera... 05/06/01 07:21am
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic