Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'Help with Wolfram Finance Platform.' topicStudent Support Forum > General > Archives > "Help with Wolfram Finance Platform."

< Previous Comment | Next Comment >Help | Reply To Comment | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Milan
05/21/13 08:51am

In Response To 'Re: Help with Wolfram Finance Platform.'
---------
Hi Bill,

First of all, thanks a lot for your answer.
As far as the data from the Financial platform are concerned, each Mathematica 9 user has full access to this data.
The code I used is directly copied from the notebook provided by Wolfram Finance and in their notebook everything works perfectly, however, if I try to replicate everything I only have problems with the following code:
ListLinePlot[GOOGPrice (1 + GOOGExpRet ConstantArray[1, {50, 251}] + BrownianMotionPaths[1, 250, 50] GOOGVol), AxesLabel -> {"Time", "\!\(\*SubscriptBox[\(S\), \(t\)]\)"}, PlotLabel -> Style["Simulated Google Prices", Bold], BaseStyle -> style]
Even if I directly copy and paste everything from the notebook provided by Wolfram it doesnít work in my own notebook.

I will post you the notebook provided by Wolfram and my own and I will be really thankful if you could take a look at both of them and help me to find the error.
My files name is MIlanOV.nb, where I use exactly the same code as provided in the Mathematica notebook, I even used proxy input which also didnít work.
I also send you the original Wolfram notebook so that you can compare everything. The Notebooks name is: WolframFinancePlatformQuickStart.nb, this can be downloaded here:
http://www.wolfram.com/training/videos/FIN021/
and my problem begins on page 9 of the presentation

I really hope you can help me.

The thing is, I just want to simulate multiple stock paths driven by the Brownian motion I have generated.

Thanks and I hope to hear very soon from you

Attachment: MilanOV.nb, URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'Help with Wolfram Finance Platform.')
Author Date Posted
Help with Wolfram Finance Platform. Milan 05/20/13 11:19am
Re: Help with Wolfram Finance Platform. Bill Simpson 05/20/13 1:39pm
Re: Re: Help with Wolfram Finance Platform. Milan 05/21/13 08:51am
Re: Re: Re: Help with Wolfram Finance Platform. Bill Simpson 05/21/13 6:38pm
< Previous Comment | Next Comment >Help | Reply To Comment | Reply To Topic