Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'Approximation for nonlinear equations' topicStudent Support Forum > General > Archives > "Approximation for nonlinear equations"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Mark
06/17/13 06:59am

Hey guys!

I am trying to solve a system of three non-linear equations using Mathematica. However, the solver is unable to work it out analytically and solving it numerically doesn't work either (or at least not within a reasonable amount of time).

The function f[a,b,c,d,e,]=g with (a_i,b_i,g_i) i=1,2,3 is given. I want determine c,d,e.

A good approximation would be fine as well (and I am also not entirely sure if there is an exact solution).
FindRood should theoretically do the job but apparently there is no way to exclude negative numbers as results (which I keep getting). Mathematica also wouldn't allow me to add an additional equation or inequation to make sure the results are positive numbers (saying that these are too many equations for the number of variables to solve for)
I guess somehow minimizing the f-g's simultaneously could also work, but I am unfortunatelly not that skilled with the program and the internet didn't help me so far

Any ideas on what I could do here?

URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'Approximation for nonlinear equations')
Author Date Posted
Approximation for nonlinear equations Mark 06/17/13 06:59am
Re: Approximation for nonlinear equations Bill Simpson 06/17/13 12:40pm
Re: Re: Approximation for nonlinear equations Mark 06/18/13 06:21am
Re: Re: Re: Approximation for nonlinear equations Bill Simpson 06/18/13 11:32pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Approximation for nonlinear equ... Mark 06/20/13 06:40am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Approximation for nonlinear... Bill Simpson 06/20/13 5:30pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Approximation for nonlinear... Bill Simpson 06/20/13 9:57pm
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic