Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'Help with plotting lab results!' topicStudent Support Forum > General > "Help with plotting lab results!"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Jonathan Adler
06/19/02 3:00pm

Ok I'm new to Mathematica and I need to learn how to do the following as I know how to do it in excel (very fast for lab reports):

I have played around with the program but I need urgent help with plotting lab results, the following are some I gathered a long time ago:

Mass Period
0,025    0,4
0,05    0,6
0,1    0,8
0,15    1
0,2    1

How do I plot the above with period on the x-axis and mass on the y-axis. I also want to fit a line of best fit to the points and add axes labels. Can someone please create a simple notebook file showing me the proper procedure! Also how to I add error bars and calculate the gradient etc.

I also need help with something else. Before I wrote all my labs in Word and now I want to do them in Mathematica. How do I create a template file that I can easily open and add the necessary info. without rewriting the lab titles everytime? Also are there style sheets which can be downloaded which differ from the ones which came with mathematica?

Thanks

URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'Help with plotting lab results!')
Author Date Posted
Help with plotting lab results! Jonathan Adler 06/19/02 3:00pm
Re: Help with plotting lab results! daiyongming 06/23/02 10:25am
Re: Help with plotting lab results! Forum Modera... 06/28/02 10:17am
Re: Help with plotting lab results! Physiana 02/14/11 7:38pm
Re: Re: Help with plotting lab results! Physiana 02/15/11 8:02pm
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic