Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'Make mathematica enter key/mouse actions?' topicStudent Support Forum > General > Archives > "Make mathematica enter key/mouse actions?"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Will
02/05/03 10:31am

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me here.

Does anyone know how I can get Mathematica to emulate keystrokes or mouse actions?

e.g. I have written a package that when loaded opens a notebook with a button. When the button is clicked a series of graphic files is displayed that can then be animated in the normal way by double clicking on them............
.......What I want to do is somehow automatically select the last image (one mouse click) then press the down arrow (on the keyboard) twice (which realligns the window to the way I want it), then double click on the last picture so it animates by itself.

i.e. my package loads the ( small) notebook with the button in. The first button function creates and displays a series of graphics images. Then, after Mathematica finishes rendering the sequence of images, I want it to automatically select the last image in the sequence, then "press" my down arrow on the keyboard twice, then double click that same last image to start the animation.

I presume there must be a way to get mathematica to emulate keystrokes and mouse actions like this..... Any help is very much appreciated!!!

Cheers

Will

URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'Make mathematica enter key/mouse actions?')
Author Date Posted
Make mathematica enter key/mouse actions? Will 02/05/03 10:31am
Re: Make mathematica enter key/mouse actions? Forum Modera... 02/23/03 7:53pm
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic