Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'Options for Generate Palette From Selection?' topicStudent Support Forum > General > Archives > "Options for Generate Palette From Selection?"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Jim Fuite
02/20/04 4:13pm

In Mathematica 4.2 for Students Mac, there is a useful palette called "BasicCalculations". It has a format that is more flexible than most of the other palettes, such as "Basic Input", which tend to be limited to some configuration of buttons.

Anyway, I wanted to use the "BasicCalculations" palette as a template for a new palette. At this point I noticed a problem. File:Generate Notebook from Palette successfully brings the palette in question into an editable form, but File:Generate Palette from Selection does not return a palette with the same properties as the original. Specifically, the new palette has a different shape (wider but shorter) and lacks the critical box handle in the lower right corner (sorry I don't know the proper name for it) that allows the palette to be resized. So I end up with a palette that is much less useful than the original because it is so short and I need to scroll to find what I need.

It seems that all the information required to make a palette like "BasicCalculations" is not contained in only the cells selected. Therefore, my question to anyonw who can answer is, "How may I control the overall size, shape, and window properties of a palette I am making? Does File:Generate Palette from Selection have any options?"

Thanks in advance.

URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'Options for Generate Palette From Selection?')
Author Date Posted
Options for Generate Palette From Selection? Jim Fuite 02/20/04 4:13pm
Re: Options for Generate Palette From Selection? Henry Lamb 02/23/04 04:04am
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic