Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'How to color protein residues with an array?' topicStudent Support Forum > General > "How to color protein residues with an array?"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Steven Roeters
10/21/12 6:46pm

I am trying to create a protein (pdb) image in which the color of the residue reflects their normal mode contribution. I have an array with numbers between 0 and 1 that give the contribution of each residue to a certain normal mode (so the length is equal to the number of residues in the protein), and I was hoping that I could somehow use the ColorFunction that is available in the Import["xxx.pdb", ColorFunction -> yyy] function to make this visible in a graphical way. I tried a lot, but it seems only ColorFunction -> "Residue" is able to change the residue coloring to something different than ColorFunction -> "Rainbow" (which is the automatic setting).
Thank you very much in advance for any help! If I can help/explain anything clearer please let me know.

Cheers,
Steven

URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'How to color protein residues with an array?')
Author Date Posted
How to color protein residues with an array? Steven Roeters 10/21/12 6:46pm
Re: How to color protein residues with an array? Bill Simpson 10/22/12 2:13pm
Re: Re: How to color protein residues with an a... Steven Roeters 10/22/12 5:11pm
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic