Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'tabs not implemented correctly in my printouts' topicStudent Support Forum > General > Archives > "tabs not implemented correctly in my printouts"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Chris Chiasson
01/31/05 10:36am

I have a notebook with a homework assignment that does not print correctly. I have horizontally aligned several equations in the notebook with tabs. When printed, the notebook *seems* to miss or add tabs. The result is that the equations are not aligned and my homework looks stupid. I would've blamed this on my printer driver, but I subsequently tried Wolfram Research's online webMathematica notebook to PDF converter to see if I could replicate the problem there. In the PDF that site generated, the same problems appear. I suspect the problem is due to the "printing font(s)" having slightly different spacing or sizing than the "onscreen fonts" (either smaller or larger). As a result, even though the number of tabs between two pieces of text may be the same, the actual placement on the page is different due to the way Mathematica aligns text after tabs.
Enclosed, you will find my problem notebook.
The webMathematica PDF conversion tool is located at: http://library.wolfram.com/Explore/Publishing/NBtoPDF.jsp

Please let me know what I have done that is incorrect. If I haven't done anything wrong, please provide me with a workaround. Regardless of the existence of a workaround, if I haven't done anything wrong, please bring this problem to the attention of someone at Wolfram Research who can fix it.

Attachment: Engine Power.nb, URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'tabs not implemented correctly in my printouts')
Author Date Posted
tabs not implemented correctly in my printouts Chris Chiasson 01/31/05 10:36am
Re: tabs not implemented correctly in my printo... yehuda ben-s... 02/01/05 3:47pm
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic