Mathematica 9 is now available
Student Support Forum
-----
Student Support Forum: 'Typesetting in Mathematica' topicStudent Support Forum > General > Archives > "Typesetting in Mathematica"

Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic
Author Comment/Response
Sean
08/10/05 8:03pm

Hi folks,

I've been using Mathematica more and more for basic word processing for notes. It's nice to be able to typeset formulas and not have to worry about compiling (as I would in LaTex). I wouldn't use Mathematica for professional publication but it's great tool for knocking out notes.

I've looked all over the web and in the mathematica program documentation for information regarding typesetting keystrokes. I know some functions have keystrokes (like the square root symbol, exponentiation, and so forth) but others appear not to. Mainly, I'm looking for:

1. A quick way to enter "math mode" (the greyed box that typesets letters in a math font). For example entering N(t) = 2 x +4 won't appear formated properly in math font whereas any fomula that makes use of advanced stuff like exponentiation will.

2. A keystroke for a superscript before the main argument. I've been entering a lot of periodic elements lately and they make use of that format.

Does a comprehensive list of formatting keystrokes exist? If so, I'd love to get my hands on it!

Thanks for your help,

Sean

URL: ,

Subject (listing for 'Typesetting in Mathematica')
Author Date Posted
Typesetting in Mathematica Sean 08/10/05 8:03pm
Re: Typesetting in Mathematica yehuda ben-s... 08/12/05 8:33pm
Re: Typesetting in Mathematica Henry Lamb 08/14/05 10:22pm
Next Comment >Help | Reply To Topic